Forever in fashion - Baked potato chips
No party is complete without it. No girly gossip is spicy enough, without it. And no picnic is fun, without it. Yes it's the king or queen of all snacking and munching put together. THE potato chips. It's greatness lies in its' simplicity of flavour and its' universal appeal, barring age, gender and geography. So we might serve far more sophisticated snacks to our guests, in order to impress. But this is what you don't need to serve. Since everyone stretches their hands to take a palmful.
But, but and a big but, these addictive bites are not too friendly with your waistline and so many a times we have to forsake love for the munchy delights for the svelte figure in the mirror (Amen!). And here comes the baked version to rescue us. So while I'm doing Blogging Marathon with the theme - "Crunchy Snacks for Kids", then this had to figure. Right?
Like all kids, my kid too loves french fries and potato chips and this works great for a quick bite. Yes faster then the time taken by my grocery guy to deliver!!
Baked Potato Chips Recipe
4 medium Russet Potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (or more, as in my case)
Vinegar for drizzling (I didn't use)
- Heat oven to 425F, for just 10-12 mins, while you prepare the potatoes. Line the baking tray with parchment sheet
- Scrub potatoes very nicely. And slice them (with the skin) to about 1/4 inch thickness
- Toss it a covered box/container with oil, salt & pepper.
- Now line them on the baking tray in a single layer. And bake for about 15 mins. Flip them over and then let the other side too get golden, another 7-8 mins.
- Take it out, and drizzle with vinegar (if using)
Note: Please note that the type of potatoes used and the thickness of the slice will determine the time for getting the crispy chips. So keep a watch. And simply flip them, when you see it getting golden. Don't cut too thin, or else it will burn.
Sending this as my entry to Only Baked event, started by Pari and Kid's Delight - Crunchy Snacks, started by Srivalli.